The great thing about online marketing is you can do it from home.
The bad thing about online marketing is…you can do it from home.
Which often means endless distractions from the internet, the kids, the pets, the neighbours, the housework and so forth.
Here’s how to improve your focus and get productive, starting today:
1. Follow your own natural rhythms. Some people are more productive and focused in the morning while others do better in the evening. Figure out which hours work best for you, and then block those hours out. Schedule nothing during that time except for work.
2. Notify your family, friends and anyone else that you have working hours and don’t want to be distracted.
3. Have a place to work where you do nothing but work. If your workstation is also your play station, your browse-the-internet station and so forth, it will be too easy to get distracted.
4. Put on music or tones that help you to focus. You’ll find these on YouTube when you search for focus music or you can use one of many different apps available in iTunes or Google Play.
5. Set deadlines for everything you do. If you have deadlines to honour, you’re more likely to get the work done.
6. Plan your breaks. A great system to use is Pomodoro Timer. You can set a timer for 45 minutes working slots, and when it goes off, get up and walk around or do jumping jacks for a minute.
You’ll be re-energised and ready to get back to work with a sharper focus than if you just try to power through. Working from home is fantastic in its flexibility, as long as you manage to focus your time.